November’s Most-Viewed Stories
Here are the most-read articles at Plastics Technology in November 2021. Always an eclectic mix, it was a variety of challenges and interests that drew reader interest. Ranging across technologies and article types, PT’s readers sought answers and knowledge touching on various aspects of plastics in the run up to Thanksgiving.
- MATERIALS: Understanding Strain-Rate Sensitivity In Polymers
- Density & Molecular Weight in Polyethylene
- Formulating LLDPE/LDPE Blends For Abuse–Resistant Blown Film
- What to Look for in High-Speed Automation for Pipette Production
- Electric, Hydraulic, or Hybrid? What’s the Right Injection Press for You?
- How Does Your Molding Machine Control Pack Pressure?
- How to Optimize Pack & Hold Times for Hot-Runner & Valve-Gated Molds
- PE, PP, PS Prices Heading Down
- Improve The Cooling Performance Of Your Molds
- Improving Twin-Screw Compounding Of Reinforced Polyolefins
Happy Thanksgiving from Plastics Technology!
Photo Credit: Stock Image
Why (and What) You Need to Dry
Other than polyolefins, almost every other polymer exhibits some level of polarity and therefore can absorb a certain amount of moisture from the atmosphere. Here’s a look at some of these materials, and what needs to be done to dry them.
Injection Molding: How to Get Rid of Bubbles
First find out if they are the result of trapped gas or a vacuum void. Then follow these steps to get rid of them.
Formulating LLDPE/LDPE Blends For Abuse–Resistant Blown Film
A new study shows how the type and amount of LDPE in blends with LLDPE affect the processing and strength/toughness properties of blown film. Data are shown for both LDPE-rich and LLDPE-rich blends.
Leave a Reply