SPE Seeks Nominations for Mold Maker and Mold Designer of the Year
After a two-year COVID-induced hiatus, the Mold Maker and Mold Designer of the Year awards are back! The Mold Technologies Division of the Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) will accept nominations for the 2022 program through Feb. 15 and will present the awards during PT XPO in Rosemont, IL, on March 29 to 31.
Nominees do not have to be SPE members but should meet the following criteria:
- A lasting contribution to the industry or SPE;
- strong technical expertise;
- a reputation for conducting business in a fair and honest manner.
Past recipients include Glenn Beall (Glenn Beall Plastics), Ivar T. Quarnstrom (DME Co.), Glenn Starkey (Progressive Components), and Norbert Stengel (Northwestern Tool and Die Mfg).
Submit nominations to Scott Peters, Division Chair Elect, Mold Technologies Division, SPE, and include the following information:
- The name, address, e-mail, and telephone number of the nominee and person making the nomination;
- a one- to two-page business biography highlighting the nominee’s contributions to SPE, the mold making and mold design industry, or society in general.