TAPPI to Provide Film Education Program at PTXPO 2023
Plastics Technology has collaborated with TAPPI’s International Flexible Packaging and Extrusion Division to bring an educational program to PTXPO 2023, a two-and-a-half day trade show to be held March 28-30 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Ill.
The program will take place on Wednesday, March 29, between 10 AM and 3:45 PM, in the Extrusion Pavilion. The first four presentations will be 30 minutes in duration; Dr. Perdikoulias’s talk will be 60 minutes.
Photo: Macro Engineering & Technology
Here are the details:
- Optimizing Film Bending Stiffness and Coefficient of Friction for High-Speed Converting, Daniel Ward Sr. Technical Service Specialist, Nova Chemicals
- Incorporating MDO in Blown Film Lines — And What it Gets You, Mike Andrews Sr. Process & Application Engineer, Windmoeller & Hoelscher
- Processing Parameter Effects on Blown and Cast Film Extrusion, Wes Hobson, TS&D Scientist Dow Chemical
- Solving Common Problems in Film Extrusion, Karen Xiao, VP of Technology Marco Engineering
- Blown Film Die Technology Overview, John Perdikoulias, President Compuplast North America
The collaboration with TAPPI is one of two education programs in the works at PTXPO. Plastics Technology is also working with the SPE Extrusion Division on a fundamentals and troubleshooting program. We’ll provide details on that program in short order.
Now in its second year, PTXPO is a trade show aimed at connecting the North American plastics processing market under one roof. It will be held yearly except for NPE years, when it will go dark. You can scope out the current exhibitor list by clicking here. To begin the registration process click here.